Here in Salamanca you will gain an understanding of the local people: the way they think, live, and work. Throwing yourself into the rich and vibrant culture will allow you to experience their relaxed lifestyle, their many fiestas and of course their infamous siestas.
Language learning goes beyond grammar and vocabulary, it´s also about using the language to form relationships and friendships. You´ll be surprised by how quickly you make native friends! Mester is positive that our study abroad program in Salamanca, Spain will be an enriching and enjoyable learning experience!
How to make the most of your experience in Spain:
- Give it a chance! At first, the transition may be challenging, but stick it out; you’ll be so glad you did.
- Speak Spanish! Spend time speaking in Spanish with other Spanish students; they don’t care if you mess up!
- Be patient! Everything in Spain is more laid back!
- Make Spanish friends! Don´t spend all your time hanging out with other Americans.
- Be adventurous! Get lost in the city and explore your new surroundings.
- Be aware! It isn´t safe to drink excessively in an unknown environment.
- Be open minded and don´t judge! Learn to appreciate the cultural differences.
- Relax and Enjoy!